Friday, October 12, 2007

Transition Check Complete

Last Friday Kyle completed his first of three checkrides in the T-1 and performed really well! He was quite pleased with his performance, and of course I was very proud of him! He has now started a series of navigation flights called "out-and-backs". The abbreviated version is they fly to an airport a ways away, do their thing, eat lunch while they get re-fueled and then come home. Today, Kyle and his partner were going to College Station. Kyle was excited because, well, one, he was going to College Station, and two, his partner is from up north and Kyle seemed pretty excited to show him his "old stomping grounds" as Kyle called it. There are some pretty special memories for both of us in College Station, so it is always exciting when we get to go back and visit, even if for a short time.


With the holidays fast approaching, I was realizing how much time we don't have in pilot training anymore. It is already the middle of October and with Thanksgiving and Christmas coming up, Kyle's drop and graduation are going to be here much faster than I anticipate. Its very exciting, but scary at the same time. Kyle is unsure of the assignment he wants next, and the possible huge change to our lives scares me a little (see below about my resistance to change). I just hope and pray that Kyle continues to do well enough in the program that once he does decide what he would like to do (and where we would like to be) for the next 3 or 4 years, he will get the assignment he wants. Another disappointment like the one from track would be very difficult for me to watch him go through again. Not that I don't trust God to take care of us, but to see my husband disappointed like that and to have that feeling of helplessness would be very difficult to do again so soon. Anyway, I don't really have to worry about that for a little while, so there is no point in dwelling in it. For those of you who don't know, this is the T-1:



I apologize for not updating this as often as some would like, I am doing my best. For whatever reason, I have a fear of boring people with some of the mundane details of life here in Del Rio. Ok, life here isn't bad, I have wonderful friends who make life more than interesting down here in 'Mexas', although a few of them are leaving in the near future. One of the downfalls to military life....constant change.

No comments: