I am very excited about the upcoming holiday! We have put up a Christmas tree (a real one, of course) and decorated our house for Christmas (I will post pictures soon), and this weekend we are heading to San Antonio to do most of our Christmas shopping. I really wanted to do the shopping in the stores, mainly for the experience, but also as an excuse to get out of Del Rio for a weekend. Del Rio doesn't have much in the way of shopping unless you are going to Wal-Mart. Before moving here, I didn't like Wal-Mart, mainly for their corporate policies and the way they treat their employees, but after visiting the Del Rio Wal-Mart, it is now a place I loathe and avoid at any and all costs. But that is not the point. I could have done my shopping online, but I really enjoy going out and picking out a gift for someone that I know they will like. We have been so blessed, and Christmas is a way to share that blessing with others. I love it. Christmas has become a very commercial holiday, and yes, I am buying people gifts, but it is all about your heart. I don't give because that's what people expect or because I am trying to "top" last year. I give because I have been given so much, including the greatest gift of all, salvation through Jesus Christ, and want to share my gifts with others. I didn't intend for this post to be such a soapbox, but I think its important to keep the real Christmas spirit in your heart. Like I said, I love this holiday!
Also, next weekend, we are going to Braydon Albertson's first birthday party! I am so excited, he is such a sweet baby and Marnie and Jason (Braydon's mom and dad) are two of the nicest people you will ever meet. The only first birthday parties I have ever been to are mine and my brothers', neither of which I remember, so it should be fun!
Sunday, December 9, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment