Monday, April 14, 2008

I think my frustration has peaked...

If I have a piece of advice for anyone, at the moment, it would be to not get into any type of auto accident. Obviously, the word "accident" itself implies that you didn't do it on purpose, but if there were any way to avoid it, I certainly would.

If you haven't caught on by now, this is something that I am dealing with at the present moment. The short story is: on our drive from Del Rio to Houston, a car in front of me ran over a piece of sheet rock in the road, and having no way to change lanes (we were passing some trucks), I hit it with the front end of my car. I was fine, a little shaken up, and there was some damage to my car (obviously, I hit a piece of sheet rock going 75 miles an hour), but nothing internal. Should be no big deal to fix right? Wrong. For whatever reason , my particular service representative at the body shop is the most unhelpful person and is actually quite rude to me. Its like I am a nuisance to him. First off, there was a crack in my front bumper. They did not replace this despite my expressed desire for them to do so, they puttied it and painted over it AND I can still see the dimple where the crack is. Next, they tried to tell me that damage to my undercarriage was prior damage. Wrong again. My car is only a year old and I take care of it. Anything damage to that front end was done by the same piece of sheet rock. I am beyond frustrated at this point. We have contacted our insurance adjuster again, and he was going to contact my service rep, so maybe it will get done right this time. But if I ever have another problem with my car, I WILL NOT be taking it back to this place.

My beef is not that I had the accident, things like that just happen, but when I take my car somewhere to get fixed, and pay my deductible, I expect that things get done properly and not to be treated rudely when I say that the current state of repairs does not meet those expectations. To me, that is unacceptable.

Sorry to vent, but this has been what I have been dealing with since I have been back in Houston. And with Kyle in Altus, that makes things that much more complicated.

On a brighter note, I got to see my brothers this past weekend at A&M's parents weekend events and Kyle was able to visit with one of his very dear friends who is moving to Japan in a few days. So we both had a really good weekend. He has been in Oklahoma for a couple of weeks now, and that's going well thus far. Its mostly been academics but he has done a couple of sims as well. He'll actually get to fly the plane in July. I'll post more updates on that later.

No comments: