Wednesday, August 27, 2008

We made it!!

The Tobins are in Charleston! We left early Monday morning and arrived here in Charleston Tuesday afternoon. It was tiring, but it feels good to be here. In a week we will be home owners.

Speaking of our house...(you didn't really think I wasn't going to talk about it did you?) ;). Anyway, our house looks lovely. It really is great; I am so pleased with the way everything turned out. We had our walk though with our builder today (I would say this morning because it started at 10am, but we didn't leave the house until 1:30pm...he was chatty!), and it went as expected. There are mostly minor cosmetic things to fix, and the one thing that wasn't cosmetic apparently is an easy fix as well. [Our home inspector found a cracked truss webbing; he earned his paycheck right there!] I meant to take pictures at our walk through today, but we were in a hurry this morning and I forgot my camera. So, you will just have to wait I guess.

That's about all. We are going to Myrtle Beach this weekend to meet up with some college friends stationed in NC. That should be fun, and after that, we close on the house!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I'm so excited for you guys and glad that you made it there safely! I can't wait to see what your house looks like, especially with the new furniture in it! EM