The blog kind of went dormant over the Christmas holiday, and I promise there was a good reason for that. Kyle and I were not able to go home for Christmas, and we were sort of bummed about it. It was nice to spend it here at our new home, but its just not the same without family. We definitely missed everyone! However, we received an early Christmas present on Christmas Eve (we don't open any presents until Christmas morning).
Well, this wasn't the kind of present you open anyway...Kyle and I found out that we are expecting our first child! On Christmas Eve! It was pretty special, especially since we were feeling lonely without our families. Isn't God's timing perfect? We are thrilled! So that was the reason the blog went quiet for a while, there hasn't been a whole lot going on besides that, and I didn't want to spill the beans before we were able to let our family know through non-internet means.
So, in case you are curious (and most people I talk to are), here are some answers to some popular questions I have been getting:
-When are you due/How far along are you? I have not been to my OB yet (referral issues...I will be a spokesperson for NOT having government health care for everyone. Trust me), but the date the clinic has given me is August 23rd. Subject to change I guess. That would make me nine weeks next week.
-How are you feeling? Pretty good, but I am tired all the time! But, a friend told me that my body (in the first trimester) is working harder than a non-pregnant woman doing an 8 mile mountain hike. I feel justified in taking my naps now.
-Any sickness? Sort of. I have never actually gotten sick, and I sometimes feel nauseous, but mostly its just a lack of appetite.
I will hopefully be able to go see an OB in the next week or so, and I will put up more info as we get it. We are truly excited and so thankful for this blessing!
Friday, January 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Wow! Yay! Congrats! I'm so very excited for you guys! If you have any questions at all, please don't ever hesitate to ask! And seriously take advantage of those naps... :)
How wonderful, Amy! Much congrats to you and Kyle. Christmas presents don't get any bigger than that.
I've already told you how excited we all are, but I'll tell you again!!! WE'RE ALL EXCITED!!!!
Went to dinner with your Mom and Dad, Allen and Ryan last night and we all toasted to being...Grandpa, Grandma, Great Daddyo, Great Grandmother, Great Aunt, and Uncles!!!
We love you and Kyle very much! I say daily prayers for you!
XXOO
Aunt Karen
Congratulations!! I am so happy for yall! I was exhausted the first 2 or 3 months. I literally could sleep the day away and go to bed and sleep for 12 hours. Don't feel bad about it, enjoy it! I will be thinking about yall and wishing you a happy, healthy pregnancy.
Aww, congratulations!!! EM
Congratulations!!! Rachel just called me! We are so excited for y'all!!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!! I am so thrilled for you two. What an exciting year this will be!
This is so awesome! I found out I was pregnant with Matthew 2 days before Christmas. I'm feeling all nostalgic reading your story. :) Oh, I'm so excited for you guys! Ya'll will be awesome parents and your baby will be so gorgeous!!
Thank you guys so much for the comments! We are really thrilled and your thoughts and prayers mean so much!
Post a Comment