Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I hate vinyl siding

Why?

First, its plastic! Ok, its "vinyl" but it feels (and looks) like plastic. I know brick on a home is just a veneer and adds no structural component to the house, but there is something a little more comforting about stone rather than plastic.

Second, I swear it actually conducts sound. Even when the construction crews are across the street they sound like they are next door. I know things are quieter in a brick house.

Last, and probably the new biggest reason that I despise the siding, it makes a perfect home for nasty things like black widow spiders. I had found a few a couple months back and sprayed them with an at home spray. Recently, I found more and resolved to call our exterminator. Today, when they came out for our yearly termite inspection, we asked if they could spray the spiders. I am totally freaked out by the amount that are literally coming out of the "plastic-works" to die. The guy said they get up underneath the siding and live there because it is cooler, and its really common around here since practically everyone has the vinyl siding. Oh. My. Goodness!!

4 comments:

Wherever we go there we are said...

oh. my. goodness. I would DIE. I HATE HATE HATE spiders.... ew... good luck with that!

Amy B said...

Oh my! Black Widows creep me out! You are a brave woman!!

Elizabeth said...

gross!!!! EM

J & E said...

hate it to! Brick, stucco or stone ANY day. Thank goodness your exterminators got them and not your pup.