Wednesday, September 2, 2009

My skin is still crawling...

I have had a really bad bug day today.  I hate bugs.  I used to not mind some, but I am now of the opinion that if it is in my house or in my line of sight outside of my house, it must die. 

Experience #1:  A few days ago I noticed that there were a couple of spider webs brewing in our garage.  Spiders used to be one of the bugs I didn't mind so much, I just didn't want them in my house.  Well, my views have since changed and since our previous experience, I keep a spider spray in the house.  I begin to spray the couple of webs that I was aware of and quickly realized that they were everywhere.  I sprayed the ones I could see, and it brought out a couple of little spiders and one big one that clearly told me just what kind of webs I was dealing with.  More brown/black widow spiders.   I about flipped.  (If you have never heard of a brown widow spider - which I hadn't until a couple of months ago - they look like black widows but are kind of a whitish brown and the hourglass on the abdomen is more of a bright orange than red.  If you want to see a picture, here is what they look like).  I called the exterminator immediatley and they are coming tomorrow afternoon to take care of the problem.  I don't play around with these things anymore.

Experience #2:  While I was cleaning up around the house (doing toilets no less) I look down and see a cockroach (or as they call them in SC, a palmetto bug), chillin on the leg of my jeans.  If my husband had been here, he would've thought an intruder was in the house or something.  That's how loud I screamed.  What is creepy is I have no idea where it came from or how long it had been there.  I did this little dance while screaming trying to get it off my  pants.  When that didn't work, I grabbed a towel and knocked it off.  It then got to take a bath in toilet water than had chemicals in it before it was flushed. 

Needless to say, after this I am sufficiently creeped out, and anytime I have a hair on my arm or something I think there is either a spider or roach on me.  Gross.

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

ewwwwww!!! EM

Lisa said...

The palmetto bugs around here are awful! No bug outside of the rainforest should be that big.

Wherever we go there we are said...

yikes! gross! Did you see my facebook about the scorpion that touched my leg in the middle of the night when feeding Zane? I FLIPPED! I am SOOO with you on the bug thing! ewewww

Anonymous said...

Yuk!!!! Did you ever hear the story about the roach that flew across the room and down the front of my shirt? I couldn't get that shirt off fast enough.

I'm like you, if they're in my house, they're fair game! That's MY domain and they better not intrude!!!

Here's a hint. Keep some bug spray handy and spray the inside of your kitchen garbage can/s. For some reason, they're attracted to the garbage and if you spray the inside of the bag when you first replace it, they crawl on some of it and you'll find them dead most of the time.

Anyway, I can totally relate!

P.S. I'll miss you next week. I know you're looking forward to your Mom and Dad, Grandmother and Daddy'o visiting. I'm so jealous, but I'm on kitty-cat duty for mine and your folks.

Love to both of you!
Aunt Karen