On the first day she was here, we went on a carriage tour of downtown, walked through the old slave market (this is not where they sold slaves, but where they came to buy produce and other stuff), and walked around parts of downtown that our carriage tour didn't take us down. On day 2, we went to the beach. It was such a nice, relaxing day to just sit and chat and enjoy some really beautiful weather. The last day we went to Middleton Place, which I had never been to before either. It was beautiful! Definitely worth the (kind of) high price of admission. Oh, and we ate lots of yummy food of course. Naturally, I didn't take pictures of most of these occasions (I really am trying to get better about this!). I did take pictures at Middleton, so here are some of those:
Amy and I
The reflecting pool
View of the Ashley River where the original house stood. The Union army burned it after the Civil War and an earthquake leveled what was left. It was a 3 story, very impressive house.
The gentleman's quarters that the family later used for the main dwelling after the earthquake.
It was such a great visit, even though it was short. I had so much fun with such a special friend!
Keep reading. Another (and very important) post is below!
1 comment:
Yayyyy! I had such a great time! Thanks for having me!
Post a Comment