Sorry it seemed as though we disappeared for a while. We had family come in town during Kyle's 2 week "baby leave" and shortly after that he went on a 10 day trip. So, I had my hands full and that is why I am posting about Jackson's first month of life when he is really 5 weeks old.
This is really the first time I have posted anything about Jackson. He is amazing, challenging, beautiful, sweet, cuddly, precious and generally perfect. (I may or may not be biased). Looking at him I am so in awe of God's creation and so thankful that he picked me to be Jackson's mommy.
It's hard to believe that a month (and some change) has gone by so fast! He has grown so much already. Last week at his 1 month well check he weighed 9lbs 13oz and was 22 inches long! That means in one month he gained two and a half pounds and grew two and a half inches. I don't know what is normal, but that just seems so fast! He is getting better about holding his head up when he is on his tummy. Actually, he doesn't really like tummy time, but when he is on our chest, he is fine. He is starting to find his voice and "talks" a little bit, usually to his little play gym, but sometimes to me when I am changing his diaper. He is also really close to rolling from his back to his side and when he is on his tummy, he tries so hard to scoot around (he actually moves a little but I think he would be perfectly content if he could crawl already) ;) I have a feeling that when he does start moving, he's not going to stop. And, this isn't technically a one month thing because he did it a few days ago, but he smiled! At Daddy of course (he adores his dad already), but it was a real smile. And even though he is probably going to be a spitting image of Kyle, it looks like he is going to have dimples, which come from me. On a not so fun note, we have been dealing with what we think is tummy issues/colic the past couple of weeks or so. We got him some gas drops and that seems to have helped, so please pray that it is just gas and that he will grow out of it quickly. I take that back, not that he will grow quickly because I want him to stay little forever, but that this phase passes quickly :)
I will leave you with a few pictures that I snapped of him on his actual one month birthday. I haven't edited them, so forgive some of the lighting issues.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
3 comments:
What a precious little gift from God! I know you're both so proud of Jackson. You're Texas family is too! Your Dad sends me the daily email pix (which I look forward to everyday!).
We love you! And miss you both. Hope to see you during the holidays and get to meet Jackson officially!
XXOO, Aunt Karen
he's SO cute amy! Thanks for posting! hugs! debi
Amy, he is so adorable!!!
Post a Comment