Tuesday, April 5, 2011

7 Months!


I know I say this every month, but I can't believe my baby is 7 months old!  He seems to be turning more into a little boy every day, which makes me happy and sad.

He weighs 17lbs 4oz and I have no idea how long he is, but he is long enough for his 12 month clothes. (The only reason I know his exact weight is I had to take him to the dr last week because he had a little rash on his arm, which turned out to be eczema.)  So, he's still tall and skinny.  Wonder where he gets that from? ;)  

Kid loves to eat.  I think if he could only eat "solids", he would.  He eats probably 3 jars (or jar equivalent) a day and could eat more.  He nurses 3 times a day and gets a 6 ounce formula bottle twice a day.  Truthfully, I think he could handle more formula, but he gets soooo distracted when I give him his bottle that he looses interest when he gets enough but isn't quite full and just won't take it.  It is actually really frustrating, and it doesn't matter where we are.  He is very observant and loves to look at anything from the dogs (yes dogS, I will post about that later) to a lamp.

He also is very interactive, with us and his toys.  He loves for us to talk to him and make faces.  He'll just smile and laugh.  It's super cute.  Some of his favorite toys are his stackable rings, his sophie, some blocks, and most recently this really obnoxious zoo singing toy that my dad got him.  He loves that thing and will smile when I bring it out.  He also LOVES his jumperoo.  He figured out how to actually jump in it a few weeks ago and just goes to town!  It's adorable.  He still doesn't crawl, but if he would spend more time on his belly, I think he could, he is a pretty strong kid.  He can stand by just holding onto my hands.  I'm not really rushing him to crawl, I know he will do it in his own time, but we are working on spending more time on his belly.  

Sleeping.  He doesn't.  No, not really.  He takes great naps, two naps a day for about 2 hours a piece.  He does not sleep at night.  Around midnight he will wake up sometimes twice a night, sometimes every hour.  I'm exhausted.  He's not hungry, I try feeding him and he falls asleep.  My best guess is teething.  It's weird because he used to be such a great sleeper!  I hope those days come back soon...

Teeth!  He has 2 already!  His front bottom 2 teeth came in this week a few days apart from each other and I think we are already working on more, judging by the amount of drool still coming out of his mouth.

Some random, cute things he does: when he is tired he rubs his little eyes and it is so cute, he figured out he can pass things between his hands (he has done that for a while, but he just now realized he was doing it, so he will just pass things back and forth, back and forth...), he eats his toes-but just when I change his diaper, and he loves to splash in the bathtub.

We love our little Jackson and enjoy so much watching him grow!

2 comments:

Laura said...

That picture is ADORABLE!!!!

Katherine G. said...

He's so big and handsome!!!