So, the first Fightin' Texas Aggie Football game is this weekend. I posted this picture b/c I am a little nostalgic for those times. Going to the football games and watching the march-ins were some really fun times! Watching Kyle do the march-ins for his 4 years was so special, especially his senior year, and last year seeing my little brothers do it too; theres really nothing like it.
This year is the first time in 6 years (yep, 6) that we won't be able to really partake in the action. I hope we can go back for at least one game, but Kyle's squadron has a ridiculous policy that they can't travel more than 175 miles away from Laughlin without taking leave. It doesn't sound that bad, but all of the other flying squadrons have a rule of about 300 miles, and allow certain places like College Station. Its frustrating b/c we are probably not going to be this close to College Station and Houston for a while and I want to take adavantage of every opportunity we have. I kind of made myself a promise that I would see my brothers march at least once, but hopefully more, for each of their 4 years in the Corps, which is going to be more difficult as we are probably going to be moving somewhere up north after this thing called UPT is over. Who knows, Kyle could end up an instructor here and I can make good on that promise of more than once a year.
So, other people will have to cheer on my Ags while we are stuck here in Del Rio; GIG'EM!
No comments:
Post a Comment