Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Carpet Crisis...

Bummer. Our construction process has gone completely smooth...until now. The carpet I selected, over 3 months ago no less, will not be making it into our house. They don't have enough. Great. On top of that, trying to co-ordinate a new carpet selection when someone is apparently very reluctant to send you a sample board and the names of the colors are exclusive to the builder is quite difficult. Most people wouldn't care, just pick another beige carpet and be done with it. I am not one of those people. You would be amazed at how many different little nuances beige can have. For instance, the carpet they attempted to substitute looked greenish with the fabric of my furniture. Not ok. Why they would send me a piece of one carpet and not a sample board is beyond me (and our builder for that matter). I am actually grateful for him, he has pretty much done all the leg work and handled all the headaches. I could tell he's having a very VERY frustrating experience with this, so I am glad he took the reigns on this one. I am trying to stay positive though. Really the only thing I can control in this whole situation is my attitude and how I respond to the situation at hand. I am trying very hard to react in a Christ like manner, but I am feeling a little run down.

Part of that is because Kyle is off in another universe basically. He will be finished with land survival on Friday, thank goodness. He is currently in POW camp having who knows what done to him to try and get him to crack. Ever since this phase of the training started, he's been in a zone. I don't blame him, but he's super focused on what he is going through (again, rightfully so) and I just kind of shoulder this load. Its not the only time this will happen, but I am ready to have my partner back to share some of this with and be able to encourage each other. Ok, that's it. I will let you know how the carpet (of all things...) turns out. I'm sure it will be fine though...

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Everything's harder when you're waiting for your husband to come home. Be persistent, and I bet they'll send you a board. Kyle's almost home, and...you're almost to Charleston!!!

The Porters said...

Hi Amy! I love your blog and all the pictures of your new home…how exciting! I am glad to see you are doing so well; you and Kyle sound very happy!

Harris Family said...

Kerbow, or should I say Tobin!

Hope you're doing well! I admire you for being such a dedicated military wife.

Congrats on the new home, hopefully you guys will find the perfect carpet for your darling little home.