All around, we're good.
The carpet "crisis" is resolved. We (I) picked a very lovely (upgraded version) of new carpet and we are still going to close on time! Can you hear me sighing from relief?
In addition, Kyle is safely home from SERE training and we made a short, but very sweet, trip back to Del Rio for the last time; possibly ever and for at least 3 years. We were able to visit our church and the people there. Also, I went to dinner with some very dear friends that I miss terribly and had a wonderful time, and Kyle was able to catch up with a friend from college. All around, a good time was had by all.
We are in Houston for the next few days before we head off to Charleston. We leave on Monday and are very excited to get moved in to our new home and get it ready for visitors!
AND....if all that wasn't enough, today a local furniture store was having a semi-going out of business sale (they are getting bought out) and we were able to buy an entire 9 piece dining room set for half off!! Its really lovely (we didn't just buy it because it was on sale, we both really like it), but I can't post pics because its in boxes right now. So when I post pics of our house, remember that the dining room set is the new stuff. Plus, we are putting it in a trailer that we are taking to Charleston, and as all you military folks know, means more reimbursement from the Air Force because that stuff is HEAVY!
Well, that's all for now. I am enjoying having my husband back, and we are spending some time with family before we head out. I will write again once we get to Charleston!
Thursday, August 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I can't wait to see pictures!! EM
I'm so glad that your carpet situation got worked out! What a relief! Have a nice drive cross country..it should be beautiful!
We want to come visit you in Charleston so bad!! Can't wait to see pics of your beautiful home! Don't you love new furniture?!
I am so glad I stumbled uppon your blog! I love it! I will have to read from the beginning anf catch up. You look terrific Amy!
Post a Comment