My blood work results came back yesterday. My hormone levels went down, and basically this pregnancy resulted in a miscarriage. Even though this was the outcome we had expected, it was still a hard day because of the finality of it. We are following up with the doctor on Monday. So,that's that.
I will say this though: God is always praise worthy. As our pastor said in a sermon last week, its very easy to praise God when things are good and happy, but even when they are not, we should still be praising God. Our world's definition of blessing (something good happening to you) isn't always what God's definition is. In the sermon on the mount (Matt. 5), Jesus talks of attributes of those who are blessed. But they are attributes that the world does not value, and in fact the world says the opposite. Does the world value people who are poor in spirit, who mourn, who are gentle, who seek righteousness, who are merciful, pure in heart, peacemakers, and those who are persecuted? Not really, but God does, as Jesus was all of these things.
I guess what I am trying to say is that I still feel very blessed despite our circumstances. I do not feel abandoned by God because this happened. In fact, He has been here walking with us and comforting us during a very painful situation. And I am thankful for that. I am also very thankful for Kyle and his gentleness towards me, I am thankful to know that we can have children in the future, and I am thankful for our friends and family who have been very supportive of us, just to name a few things.
I guess I wrote all that so you all would know that even though we are still very saddened by the whole situation, we are doing ok. I think we are dealing with this in a healthy manner, and I don't want people to think that because we don't really want to talk about it that we are sinking into a pit of despair. Its just really difficult to talk about, but its nothing personal towards you if we don't have a whole lot to say. Thank you again for all of your prayers, they have definitely been felt.
Saturday, February 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm so sorry to hear this Amy. We're still praying for you guys and are thankful that you're holding steadfast to His promises.
May God continue to bless and keep you both.
I love you both and wish I could be there to give each of you a very big hug.
You're in my daily prayers.
Love you,
Aunt Karen
The LORD hears good people when they cry out to him, and he saves them from all their troubles.
The LORD is close to the brokenhearted, and he saves those whose spirits have been crushed.
PSALM 34:17-18
Thinking about you two. Love you!
Post a Comment