Thursday, August 27, 2009

Worst. Company. Ever.

XM Radio.

Actually, I like their product, so maybe the title should be "Worst. Customer Service. Ever." It's one of those things that you can clearly tell that they outsource their customer service to India and these people have virtually no idea as to what they are talking about/supposed to be helping with. I hate dealing with them. (XM came with my car and they keep giving me a ridiculous rate to renew it every year since, but I really don't think I can handle it anymore. After this subscription, I'm done). Anyway, this time, they charged me twice and I have been trying to get this rebate and it is painful to try and talk to the customer service reps and then in turn understand what they are doing. Today will mark the second time I have spent 20 minutes to half an hour just trying to get a refund on my card. And I still don't totally follow what is going to happen. From what I understand, I am getting my money back in 7-10 days and I will also be getting a call from the billing department within 24 hours. When I asked why they needed to call me, I got a random mixture of words. Something about a request, my phone number, something he had to submit and a reference number (and there were several "ummm"s in there too). As long as I get my refund, its fine, but seriously. Oh, and he said his name was Ray. Yeah right.

Update: As of now, I have gotten back a whole $2.17 of my refund. I have no idea where this number came from and apparently they had to file a dispute for the rest of the amount. Why is it so hard to say, "You're right ma'm, we double charged you. I am going to put the full amount back onto your card"?!?

Update #2: I got the $2.17 refund to my card. I just got a check in the mail today for the remaining $83 and something cents. Really? Why do things have to be so complicated??

No comments: