If you've spent some time in North Charleston you may have begun to pick up on a familiar something. No it’s not the pungent odor of the paper factory working overtime nor is it the map-placing rank of seventh most dangerous city in the nation. But roaming the streets is a certain vehicle privy to gaudy upgrades and excessive paint jobs.
Some might recall this vehicle as the car my dad used to drive, which was subsequently handed down to my brother. Others might recognize it as the cop car in your rear view mirror. Yes friends this vessel is none other than the Crown Victoria. Visitors to North Chuckstown will testify that this time honored sedan has been elevated to from the ranks of everyday transportation (or cop car) to a veritable showpiece of detestable taste, a specimen of missed placed income and mistaken identity.
Well, my bewilderment of this peculiarity has driven me to undertake the project that I present before you. Yes, I am engaged in the systematic cataloging of the “enhanced” Crown Vic/Grand Marquis. Since revealing my endeavors I’ve been posed with many questions, like, “Kyle, why do it?”
Well at first it was my sense of duty to be the only man on earth to document this rarity. But I will admit that it is the thrill of the hunt that carries me on. From the drive by camera shooting to the late night chase through neighborhoods and parking lots, this adrenaline pumping hobby is worthy to satisfy the adventure in any man.
Others (less cultured) have asked, “What is a dub?”
Well according to Webster, a dub is one who is inept or clumsy. But to garner the true meaning of this word I must borrow from The Urban Dictionary, which defines dub as a twenty inch rim.
So friends I invite you to partake and enjoy my collection of “Dubs Down South”: a multipart series featuring only the Crown Vic (and Grand Marquis of course), in the way that it was always meant to be, a set of rims, a tricked out paint job, and a monster truck lift.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
When you come up to Dover you'll find enough Crown Vics and Grand Marquis that you can do a post on Dubs of the Mid-Atlantic.
Post a Comment