Monday, September 28, 2009

A first.

Today I, Amy, mowed the lawn.  For the first time.  In my life.  Since the hubby is gone, and I am going to need to know how to do it come next spring anyway, I decided to mow the lawn.  I am not the "mowing type" of person.  I mean, I can physically do it, I just had no interest.  Today did not change my opinion.  I didn't do a bad job (I didn't do a great one either) but it is not going to become a thing that I do around the house if I don't have to.  When I told Kyle that I did it, he didn't believe me at first!  Ha!  That's how much I am not the "mowing type", but I did it and felt that I should share it with everyone.  I only lament that no one was able to take a picture for my family to document this occassion. ;)

2 comments:

Bayloretta said...

I am shocked and amazed. I vote that you find a neighbor boy to mow it for a few bucks each week. I'm guessing those people moving into my house are old enough to have a son old enough to mow.

Amy B said...

Oh my gosh!!! Now you got to experience the joy I felt as a child doing it for my dad!!....There is a little sarcasm in there...Miss you! :)