Friday, August 20, 2010

Still playing the waiting game...

Well, seeing as we have no baby yet, I thought you might like to see his nursery.  It is pretty much complete (except that I want to put his name above the crib - which is cliche, I know, but I like it so whatever, and some pictures that can't be put up until he comes because he will be in them).    We don't really have a "theme" per se.  I was mostly going for the colors:  blues with a pop of red in places.  But, since Daddy is a pilot, we had to have some airplanes in there too.  So, here it is:

View from the door.  Closet is to the left.  I painted that art above my chair (Kyle helped, he drew out the C-17 silloutte for me).


Standing next to the crib and the closet.  The little airplanes on the dresser are little wooden "puzzles" from Michaels that were a dollar a piece.  So, Mommy painted one and Daddy painted the other).  The pictures I was referring to above are going above the changing table, kind of over that basket I think.  We'll see what they actually look like, but they are essentially going in that spot.

The painting over my chair.

And, just for grins, here is a picture of me last week at 38 weeks:


I am actually 39 weeks, and I will try to remember to post a picture of that tomorrow.

6 comments:

Bayloretta said...

I love the nursery! I may have to steal/borrow the C-17 silhouette idea. It's just too cute! You are such a beautiful mama-to-be! Can't wait to see your sweet little baby!

Anonymous said...

His nursery is precious!! Can't wait to see him!

Major and Mrs. said...

His nursery is so cute! Hang in there! I'm sure he will be here soon :)

J & E said...

my first thought was, I NEED one of those prints with a Kc-10. You should sell those friend. People like me get crazy over them. Hope mr t makes his arrival soon and swiftly :)

Andrea said...

Love the nursery! Can't wait to see a little boy in the crib soon. Also, I can tell from comparing your previous belly pics, he has dropped so I am sure it won't be long! Can't wait to hear when he comes!
FYI: I hear Kermit is a good name! :-)

Elizabeth said...

amy, you look gorgeous! i love the haircut. and the nursery is adorable and i love the painting you did! hang in there these next days/weeks. i know the last weeks of pregnancy can feel sooo long! EM