Ok, I wrote this a long time ago and forgot to publish it (I think because I was waiting to upload pictures, but all the pictures are now on the picasa site, so go there). Obviously, Jackson is NOT 3 months old; he is, in fact, a week away from being 5 months old. 5!! Anyway, stay tuned for a 4 and 5 month update. Until then, here's what he did 2 months ago ;)
My baby is 3 months old. I don't know if 3 months have ever gone by so fast! So, even though a lot of these updates are "old hat" now, it's mostly for me to remember when he did things so that [someday] when I sit down to do his baby book, I remember when all these things happened.
Month 2:
He smiled! His first smile was for his dad when Kyle went to go get him up from a nap. Possibly one of the cutest things I have ever seen and he has been doing it a lot since. He also has an airplane mobile over his changing table that he loves. He even started "talking" to it. He is a big eater and nurses or takes a bottle just fine. He got over his "colic"; I think it was mostly gas pains. Whatever it was, he is over it. He got his 2 month shots at the end of the month and was not happy about it. He did NOT enjoy the shots at all, but as soon as we let the doctor's office he calmed down and was pretty much a snuggly, sleepy baby the rest of the day. The next day he was back up and at it! Such a trooper! Right after he turned 2 months, it was his first Halloween. I didn't dress him up this year because we didn't really have anywhere to go, but he did have a couple of Halloween outfits that were sent to him, so he wore those. Kyle was gone for Halloween, but my parents were in town and we handed out candy to trick-or-treaters.
Month 3:
He is such a smiley baby! He loves his mommy and absolutely adores his daddy! He "talks" all the time, probably because his mommy talks to him so much (because daddy has been gone so much)! He has also started giggling an laughing and I love it! Of course when I get out the video camera to try and capture these moments, he stops and just stares at me with a very serious look on his face. He still doesn't like tummy time and wants to roll over from his tummy to his back so badly. He can't quite do it without my help, but he is getting so close. Even though he doesn't really like tummy time, he loves to play "airplane" with mommy where I basically just lay on the ground and hold him up in the air over me. He loves to ride in the car and look out the window; no sleeping in the car for this baby unless he is just super tired. He found his hands this month and they are pretty much always in his mouth. He can suck his thumb, but mostly prefers his pacifier or to chew on his fist. And he drools everywhere! He has taken more of an interest in his toys, can hold and shake his rattle and even grabs it from my hand sometimes. Actually, he tried to put it in his mouth and often hits himself in the face with it. Its kind of funny. He is still a big eater and takes down a 5oz bottle like it is nothing. He also went on a very strange, very stressful (for mommy at least) nursing strike or a few days. I have no idea why he did that, but it lasted about 3 days. On the 4th day he woke up and went back to nursing like he had never had any objection to it. Baffling. I still can barely keep up with is appetite though, so I am thinking he will probably start rice cereal next month. Speaking of big appetites, he also got to celebrate his first thanksgiving! Kyle was gone (again), so we headed over to a friends house where he slept most of the time. We came home, played for a little bit and then Jackson went to bed and I watched the Aggies beat tu! The only thing that would have made it better were if Kyle had been here.
Wednesday, January 19, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh Amy, this is such a WONDERFUL update. Thanks for sharing all the great things your sweet Jackson is doing. It helps all of us kind of "live" it with you (since we can't be there).
Love you!!! Hugs and kisses to all!
Aunt Karen
Post a Comment