Monday, January 31, 2011

Months 4 and 5

Yes, its true.  Jackson is 5 months old.  It has gone by sooo fast, and I have loved every minute of it!  Although, I do kind of wish I could make it go a little slower.  He is just so sweet and has the best personality.  Well, I probably think that because he is just like his daddy and I like him, just a little ;), so it's no wonder I enjoy Jackson so much.  Ok, so here is what has been going on:

Month 4:
He changed and grew so much this month!  He started giggling and just smiles all the time.  He figured out how to roll from his back to his tummy in the middle of the month, took a break from it, and then picked it back up again.  He also talks a lot.  Probably because I talk to him all the time.  Kyle was gone for about half of this month, but when he got back home, they picked up right where they left off.  He still adores his daddy.  After Kyle was done with his travels, it was time for a little vacation and Jackson got to make his first trip to Texas!  We went to the great state a week and a half before Christmas so he could meet a lot of his family.  He was a little overwhelmed at first, but he quickly decided he liked all the attention and people wanting to hold him all the time.  We got to have 2 Christmases this year, one in Houston and then a small family one here in SC.  I will just say, even though the concept of presents was lost on the little man, he cleaned up!  It was so nice to be able to see our family and also to have a Christmas just the 3 of us. I am so thankful Kyle was here and got to spend Jackson's first Christmas with him.  He is such a big eater and is growing so fast!  In fact, he had taken up practically newborn hours again.  He woke up at least once a night hungry.  So, just before he turned 4 months we started rice cereal.  It went over well.  It took a couple of days to get used to, but it didn't take too long for him to figure out that it was good stuff! We also went to the doctor at the end of the month, and he weighed 15 pounds (50th percentile) and was 26 inches long (90th percentile).  He got shots, which he again didn't enjoy, but as soon as we picked him up he was fine and was just snuggly the rest of the day.

Month 5:
My sweet boy was just a ball if smiles and laughter this month!  Since we figured out how to roll over, it is hard to keep him on his tummy.  I think he could roll from his back to his tummy if he wanted, but he doesn't really like tummy time (still), so I think he is not interested.  He is so wiggly though and really wants to be able to sit up, so we are working on that.  He sleeps on his side most of the time (he puts himself there) and very often does a 180 during the night (as in his feet end up where I put his head).  He still wakes up to eat once, despite being on solids.  Boy is just hungry.  We have also graduated from just rice cereal to pears and squash.  The pears were easy to get used to.  The squash, well he eats it, but I don't know how much he likes it.  He is still growing and some of his 3-6 month clothes are starting to get small.  Not around but length wise.  He's tall and skinny, just like his dad.  Speaking of dad, Kyle was around all this month and it was sooooo nice!  I know it won't last, so I am just so thankful that he has been home for (what seems like) so long!  Anyway, Jackson's baby hair started falling out a couple of months ago and I guess now he is getting his "big boy" hair.  It's blond.  I love it.  He is a blond haired, blue eyed boy - which runs in our families, but are traits that neither Kyle nor I possess.  I think his eyes will stay blue, but I guess we will see with time.  He is taking more interest in his toys now that he can make them do stuff.  He reaches for and picks up whatever he wants as long as it is in reach.  And he loves his feet.  Loves them.  He "found" them last month, but now grabs them whenever he is sitting up or when I change his diaper.  He still talks all the time and it is so sweet to listen to.

That is about all (that I can remember).  Here is what you really want (a few pictures):





1 comment:

Major and Mrs. said...

Oh my gosh, Amy! He is so stinkin' cute! What a great little smile :)