Monday, February 28, 2011

6 (SIX!!) Months

That's half a year people!  I know I say this all the time, but I can't believe how fast time has gone by!

My little man is growing and changing all the time, and it is such a joy to watch.  So here are some of his new things:

He still loves his food.  In addition to his cereal, he eats pears, apples, butternut squash, sweet potatoes, green beans and peas.  His favorites are probably the pears and sweet potatoes.  Least favorite: peas.  So far I have made all of his food and I am finally making good use of my food processor :).  Despite all that eating, he is still a skinny little guy.  At the doctor, they weighed him at 16lbs 9oz (which is the 25th percentile).  I thought he was heavier than that, but I guess not.  He feels heavier anyway.  They also measured him at 27" long/tall, but I am pretty sure that is wrong not quite accurate.  I measure him at 28" and I am more inclined to trust my measurement since the nurse made her first mark when he was sitting up and then the second one when he laid down.  Plus he had been wrinkling and playing with the paper.  (I know, I sound like one of those mom-knows-better-than-the-professional type person, but really its only in this case!)

He can sit!  All by himself!  And it happened practically overnight.  I mean, he has progressively been able to sit for longer, but he just surprised me one day.  He also babbles all the time and its so cute.  He still loves his feet and now puts them in his mouth during diaper changes.  Which, as you can imagine, makes diaper changing slightly more difficult.  He can roll from his back to his front (I know because I have had to go turn him back over in the middle of the night.  Why do yo have to turn him over?  You already said he can roll from his tummy to back.  True.  He can.  However, he was already up against the side of his crib and was trying to roll over into the side, which wasn't working.  Thus, I had to go turn him over) but he doesn't really do it.  Kid is still not a fan of being on his tummy.  But, he is getting better, especially in the last couple of days and can push his whole torso up off the ground.  I also think he is teething, Kyle doesn't.  I can't see or feel anything, but if this isn't teething drool, I would really hate to see what is.  And he chews on everything.  Everything.  We'll see.  Eventually, I will be right ;)  Let's see, he doesn't really have a "favorite" toy.  He still loves his pooh bear, which is now in his crib, but he also likes his sophie the giraffe, his moose, his stackable rings and his blocks.   He still loves to take a bath and splashes everywhere.  He also gives "kisses"!  I love it.  It really just consists of him grabbing my face pulling it up to his mouth so he can slobber all over me.  But he grins so big after and it is just so cute.

So, here is my sweetness:  (Sorry that the quality isn't so good.  I emailed them from my phone.  When we upload pictures and videos to the picasa site, I will let you know)



No comments: