Kid is growing like crazy. He is wearing 12-18 month clothes, but barely. Really, he is probably too tall for them (especially the shirts) but I am really trying to wait to find out where we are moving before I go buy bigger clothes. Kyle thinks I'm crazy, and maybe I am, but I don't want to buy a lot of warmer type clothes if he needs long sleeves. Or the other way around. But, I am probably going to have to cave soon because those little wrists sticking out of his long sleeve shirts is driving me crazy. He wears a size 6 - 6.5 shoe.
He still eats almost as much as I do, but he has gotten so picky in the past couple of months! I don't know what happened! He used to eat anything. Now, nothing green will go in his mouth. He eats dairy, breads and meat. Ok, he eats some fruit too, but seriously, no veggies. The kicker is, I think he probably still likes this stuff, but for whatever reason he doesn't want us to offer it to him. The moment Kyle or I offer him anything (really, even the meat or cheese) he won't eat it. If I put it on his fork and then set it down, he will pick up the fork and eat it. He is a very head-strong little kid. He gets is from his mom. His favorite foods right now are: eggs (he eats 2 scrambled eggs in the mornings and today he asked for more), yogurt, chicken, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, and pizza. Oh how this kid loooves pizza. He is also a big fan of his apple juice and will drink V-8 fusion juice but doesn't like it as much.
Playing! Oh, he loves to play! He loves loves loves his blocks, trucks and airplanes. We got him some of the bigger legos for Christmas and he hasn't put them down since. In the past couple of weeks he has started to build things himself. It is really just a tower, but he is putting the blocks together himself. If he can't get something he says "elp" or "el" (translation: help), but mostly he just does it himself. He also loves to push his trucks around and says "beep beep" if he makes them run into something. He also really likes airplanes. Not so much to play with them, although he will make his toy airplanes fly, but he loves it when he sees them outside. He points to them in the sky and says "szooom". When he isn't doing some of those things, he is walking around the house, sorting his toys in piles (as in, he makes a stack/pile of toys and then re-sorts them into another stack/pile), petting the dog, pushing any buttons he can find, playing with his Scout dog, and every now and again he will plop his little bottom down in front of the tv and say "lee-er!" which means he wants to watch his letters video. Also, in honor of the Texans making the playoffs, we got him a Texans pillow pet that he has taken a liking to (his name is Toro), and my brother and sister-in-law got him a build-a-bear for Christmas that is in a Texas A&M football uniform and Jackson calls him "Aggie" and gives him hugs and points to his nose.
He knows where his eyes, ears, mouth, cheeks, feet/toes, belly, and nose are. When you say nose, he will very often point to his nose, then yours then say "noses" and give eskimo kisses. He loves bath time still and will walk his little naked tushie into the bath room at bath time. He know lots of animals and their sounds. Some of them he will call by their name (ie a dog is a dog) and some his will call by their sounds (a lion is "rooaar!"). My favorite ones right now are elephant "ele" and dolphin (I don't even know how to type how he says it) but he can tell me that is says "ee ee". His favorite book right now is Goodnight Moon, but loves books in general and at the end of the day it is unusual if there are any left on his book shelf.
He talks. A lot. About half of it is giberish (one of our friends said it was Japanese) and the rest of it is real words. His annunciation isn't great, and we are working on it, but really, he is 17 months old. We'll get there. This probably isn't all of his words, but here are some of them (and the ones I already mentioned): eat (ee), eggs, juice (ju), milk (mil), pizza, open, help (elp, el), all done (all du), more, dog, cat, up, down, book (boo - like book but without the 'k'), daddy, mommy, high five (i fi!), knuckles (nu nu), night night (ni ni), baby, blocks, truck, car, bye bye (with a wave), ball, chicken, shoes (shooo), diaper (biber), hold you, blankie, bath, choo-choo (for trains), color, water, cracker, please (pees), thank you (tk u- this one is a little hit or miss, and hard to type out what is sounds like, but when he says it, you know that is what he is saying), and no. Like I said, I mentioned some other ones above and I am sure there are more, but that is what I can think of off the top of my head. He also can say most of the colors, although if you ask him what color something is, it is always "bu!" (blue).We also play games to get him to learn to count to three, and it sounds like he can say 'two' and 'three' (tree), but I know he isn't actually counting, just repeating me. But he does know that something happens after you say three because he says it very enthusiastically.
Ok, that is about it. I will upload some pictures soon, but I wanted to get this down so I remember.
No comments:
Post a Comment