Thursday, July 3, 2008

Another House Update

Well, I don't have pictures yet, but we have another update on our house. They did the pre-drywall inspection on Monday and everything looks good (I moved some outlets and stuff around, and they seem to all be in the right place). Our realtor did the walk through for us while I was on speaker phone. The builder said they were going to start drywall on Tuesday, so we should have some drywall now. Then they are going to paint and start placing all the inside stuff like cabinets and floors! Its really coming along!

On another note, Kyle has his first flight in the C-17 today! This is very cool because: 1. He has never actually flown the plane before (he has had many sims and an observation flight, but he just watched on that), and 2. A week or so ago, they were saying his first flight wouldn't be until the middle of next week. So it looks as though Altus schedulers have come through and are really working hard to get people finished on time.

I am in Altus right now and will be here with Kyle until he finishes. We are heading to Dallas for the 4th of July weekend to visit some friends, and I am very excited! Being military, I am learning that we need to take advantage of all the opportunities we can to see friends because it just keeps getting more difficult! Anyway, after we are finished at Altus we should be stopping in Houston (assuming Kyle finishes on time) so he can visit with family before heading of to land survival training. After that, he will officially out-process from Laughlin and we will be on our way to SC....this summer is going by so fast!

No comments: