Well, I thought we were going to Dallas for a fun-filled 4th of July with some college friends. That is until Kyle's body decided to have an outbreak of shingles. Yep, Kyle, my 25 year old husband has shingles. I have no idea why now, there isn't an abnormal amount of stress nor has he been sick recently, so who knows why it flared up. It looks pretty nasty and it sounds like it is pretty painful. I'm not worried too much about it; I have already had the chicken pox, and it sounds like it just needs to run its course.
Not only does he have shingles, but we had to sit in the Altus ER last night to find out. He flew ALL DAY Thursday (he had a great time on his flight, by the way), and by the time we could have gotten it checked, the clinic was closed. Until Tuesday. And Kyle has a flight Wednesday, so he will be busy mission planning Tuesday and flying Wednesday. So it would have been Thursday (a full week from when we found out) before he could have gotten it checked. Oh well. If we hadn't gone and had it looked at yesterday, we would have been in Dallas right now, and the very last thing we want is to expose our friends' precious little daughter to chicken pox. She really is too cute. Anyway, so its a good thing that we got it checked, it was just a bit of an ordeal. So, we are spending a quiet weekend in Altus instead. I mean quiet too, most people got the heck out of dodge for a four day weekend. This will surely be a 4th of July that we remember for a while....
Friday, July 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment