Monday, September 15, 2008

Ike

Well, I am glad to report that our families weathered the storm very well. They were fortunate to be on the west side of the storm, so they experienced winds and some rain and were without power for a while, but all is well. They got their power back on Saturday afternoon; much sooner than expected. Praise God that the storm wasn't quite as bad as they thought it could be! I know there is damage, but all of that can be rebuilt; thank goodness the loss of life was not greater. (A little side note: I was glued to the news coverage of Ike since my family was right in the path. On some coverage of the aftermath on Saturday around noon-ish, they were showing the Houston ship channel and the Shell refining plant. It was coming back online as the smokestacks were burning again. So if people are still flipping out about gas prices...slap them. Not really, but I heard stuff about $7 a gallon! Come on people, that's absolutely ridiculous...that's what our strategic reserves are for.)

On a completely different note, I really am going to post pictures of our house. Believe it or not, there has been a lot to do around here. I promise pictures are coming soon.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

So glad your family survived Ike without too much turmoil!