Wednesday, June 9, 2010

(Almost) 29 weeks!

Ok, time for a Baby T update!  I am a day shy of 29 weeks and everything seems to be going just fine.  I went to the dr last week and everything was measuring normal and looking good.  They also put me on the  every 2 week appointment schedule, so I go again next week.  I was a little surprised actually.  I mean, I knew that was coming, it is just a little crazy that it got here so fast!  I also took, and passed, my glucose test.  It wasn't that bad.  The drink tasted semi-normal going down, but the after taste was pretty yucky, especially since I couldn't even have a drink of water to wash it away until after they took my blood an hour later.  But other than that, it was fine.  Here is an updated belly shot (taken today as a matter of fact).  I will really try to be better about posting some updated pictures in the next few weeks.


We have also been working on getting the little guy's nursery together.  I should have taken pictures to document the progression of things, but I forgot, and Kyle moves fast when he is in his "get things done" mode, so even when I did remember, it was too late.  But, we cleared out a lot of random things that had accumulated in there over the past year and a half, to include: lots of clothes and things that finally went to goodwill, a broken big screen tv (that places wanted us to pay them to take, so we ended up giving away on craigslist), and Kyle's uniforms and other trip related things.  Then, it got painted (one accent wall is blue and the other 3 are a creamy taupe color.  It looks really good) and crown moulding was put in.  All by my wonderful husband.  Then we got to put the crib together!  That was what I was really looking forward to, for 2 reasons: 1.  well, I just wanted to put it together and 2.  it had been sitting in a huge box in our hallway for 2 weeks and I was ready for that to go away.  I really love the way it looks so far!  The rest of the furniture had to be ordered and isn't here yet, so it will have to wait until Kyle gets back from Oklahoma.

Crib


Another.  I didn't really take pictures of the other walls because, well, there is nothing there yet.  I took this picture so you could see the 2 wall colors together.

And if you're curious, no, we don't have a name yet.  We have a favorite, with a couple of others on the list, but it is a little difficult to make it final just yet.  You may have to wait until he gets here.  I don't know.  We'll see.  That's all for now.  Like I said, I will really try and be better about putting up new pictures as I have them!

1 comment:

Amanda Linn said...

Hey Amy and Kyle! :) I enjoyed reading your blog, and catching up on the baby news. We miss y'all a ton! Keep us posted! :)