Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I'm going to vent...

I have decided that I HATE maternity clothes.  I know they are not as bad as they used to be and are more on par with non-maternity styles of clothes, but they are some of the most ill-fitting pieces of clothes I have ever tried on.  Some of the tops fit me, but bottoms, forget it.  I have tried on so many pairs of shorts/pants I have lost count and they are all HUGE!  (Side note:  I know.  Some of you are thinking, well, what a nice problem to have.  Believe me, I am not complaining about my size per se, but rather how they size maternity clothes. Why they only make a small rather than number sizes is beyond me, but the smalls are not small at all).  Up until yesterday I literally had no shorts that fit me.  I could wear a couple of pairs of my normal shorts with a belly band, but that is not very comfortable, especially in the heat wave we have been having.  Yesterday, I finally found a pair of shorts.  They still aren't maternity, but they do have an elastic/drawstring waist and it made me so happy.  So, if you see me in the next couple of months and I have worn the same pair of shorts every day, don't judge me....they only had one pair in my size, but hopefully I can find more.

1 comment:

Elizabeth H. said...

I am right there with you, girl!! The only maternity thing I've put on this time are my secret fit jeans - and it is way too hot to wear them often. I'm living in dresses until it cools down and I can live in my jeans again.