After we got back from our vacation, Kyle's squadron had a dining out/in (I don't know what it "technically" was. I called it a dining out because that is what I heard it called, and Kyle told me it was a dining in). Whatever you call it, it is basically a fancy dinner that the squadron puts on to honor former members of the 14th. A few get inducted to a "hall of fame" of sorts. It was fun to get dressed up and go our with my handsome husband! And the actual event was pretty fun too, dinner was sub-par at best but dessert was amazing, and there were some interesting nuances to the whole AF tradition thing. For example, instead of clapping, you bang your spoon on the table. There were some other things, but I kept thinking "and they say Aggies are weird..." ;) I guess it is all what you are used to. But it was a fun night none the less.
All dressed up (you can't really see my belly, but I am 27ish weeks here)
And, a few days after that, Kyle got promoted! It is actually less exciting than it sounds, it was an automatic thing and he just showed up to work one day with his new rank one, but he is now a captain! Yay!


No comments:
Post a Comment