Saturday, August 28, 2010

Jackson Edward Tobin



He's here! Jackson Edward Tobin, born 5:18 on Friday, August 27th. Baby Jackson wieghs 7 lbs 6 oz and measures 19.5 inches long. He has a long way to go to catch up to dad. Both mom and baby are healthy and doing great. As I write this post, Jackson is not even a day old and yet he is already showing his strong personality. He likes his hands in the up position (something we saw in the ultrasounds) and it takes a pretty fierce swaddle to keep those strong arms down. He is also a very vocal young man, or as I like to say, passionate. This is a real treat at night when we are trying to get some sleep, but Amy and I would have it no other way. Amy says he looks like me, but I think he looks like a baby, so whose to tell. Jackson and his mom are bonding well, obviously spending lots of time together and getting to know each other. Amy has been so great with him. She is very patient, relaxed, and soothing. She is the perfect mom. I have been trying to help wherever I can, changing diapers and carrying Jackson over to mom. I really haven't done much and yet I feel exhausted. I know Amy has to be at least twice as tired, but she is a real trooper. Oh funny note, he has already pooped on Amy twice, hehe. I am in the clear so far, but I have the feeling my days are nubmered. So we should be leaving tomorrow (Sunday) and return home for the first time as a new family. I should note that I have gone home a couple times to take care of Mugsy. He is excited to see me (of course) but increasingly unhappy about me just leaving him all day. I plan on taking one of Jackson's blankets home tonight and letting Mugsy get used his smell. Well that's all I have for know. Down below I included a link to an online photo album were you can view more baby pictures. Thank you everyone for all your prayers. The Lord has really blessed us with this child and given us a great respnsibility in raising him up. Please continue to pray for our patience and wisdom as we venture in parenthood.
http://picasaweb.google.com/ktobin

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! I love his name. I hope you are both doing well and adjusting to a new family of three!!

Kaylie said...

Aww! Congratulations! I'm so excited for you! He's such a cutie and Amy looks fabulous!

Katherine G. said...

Congratulations, Tobins! What a perfect gift from God! He is beautiful!