Thursday, March 19, 2009

Back to normal life

Well, everyone is gone and its back to "life as usual". Its so weird how when you have visitors, its like someone hits a fast forward button, but as soon as they leave it all comes to a screeching halt. I guess time flies when you are having fun :). Anyway, we had a great time with everyone! They were able to go to church with us and enjoy some time downtown (the girls did a little shopping while the boys did some sight seeing), Kyle was able to give them a tour of the C-17, we went to the beach (briefly, it was cold) and on a rainy day we hung out and played Monopoly. And of course ate a lot of good food :) I was very excited about the recent discovery of a very good mexican food place down here. Kyle...not so much. Don't get me wrong, he loves mexican food too, but when I was pregnant I had some cravings for some good mexican food. Connecting the dots yet? No. Well, this place is a long drive from our house. I think he just foresaw a time in the hopefully not too distant future when we would be driving down there more frequently ;). But really though, we had a great time and kind of wish it could have been longer. I guess it just makes us even more anxious to get back to Texas in May!

On another note, the weather here has been gorgeous for the past few days! I am hoping that this weekend we can do a little gardening/yard work. That's a new thing of mine: gardening. I have never really been a fan of getting dirty or bugs, but I do like making things look nice, and flowers are definitely pretty, so there you go.

Also, Kyle's birthday is coming up. Sorta. Its at the beginning of April, but he is going to be gone over his actual birthday, so we are going to celebrate it earlier. That's something that I have learned: with the military the actual date really doesn't matter, and very rarely have we celebrated either of our birthdays our anniversary on the actual date. So far, we have been together for the major holidays, but even those may have to be flexible one day :). Being together and celebrating is far more important than what the calendar says anyway...

Well, that's about it for now. Until next time...

No comments: