Friday, March 13, 2009

Thoughts...

So, I am almost fully recovered from my wisdom teeth experience. I am thankful that I never have to do that again. Since my dentist pulled my teeth, I only got the gas and was awake during the whole thing. It was weird. They did everything that an oral surgeon would do except put me under. So I obviously couldn't feel anything, and I couldn't really hear anything because they let me listen to my iPod (they warned me that I might be able to hear ligaments popping, so I opted to listen to music), but I was [somewhat] aware of what was going on. It freaked me out a little when they were finished with the first tooth. Partly because I was under the gas and that stuff makes you loopy anyway and partly because they cut a big hole in my mouth and pulled a tooth and I had no idea. So before they pulled the second one, they asked me if I wanted to stop and do the other one on a different day (I don't remember if I said this before, but I only had 2 wisdom teeth, both on top). Anyway, are you kidding me?! Don't ask me if I want you to stop doing something I didn't want to do in the first place and I am not in my right mind! No! Get this over with and get me out of here. Geez. But, having said all that, I did like the fact that I felt like myself 10 minutes after they were done and I didn't have the lingering effects of anesthesia all day.

And, I discovered that I do not respond well to narcotics. They gave me hydrocodone for my pain, and my mouth hurt, so I took it. Bad idea. The next day, I could not keep any food down. It was bad. On top of that I had an allergy headache that could rival any migraine. Tuesday was a bad day. But now I am pretty much back to normal, thank goodness.

On a different note, my family is coming in tomorrow and I am so excited! I haven't seen my brothers since August! Hopefully the yucky weather that found its way down here today will go away and we will have nice weather while they are here.

1 comment:

Elizabeth H. said...

Oh my goodness, I cannot imagine recuperating just from getting the teeth out, but having stomach problems AND allergies... I'm so sorry!!! Great that you're back to normal now and that you can spend time with family!!