Saturday, February 13, 2010

Snow Part II

So last night after I posted, the snow kept coming down.  It was really quite fascinating to this native Houstonian.  We had about 5 - 5 1/2 inches by this morning (keep snorting all you people that are used to this sort of thing.  For me, this was the most snow I have ever seen in my life).

Anyway, here are some pictures from last night:

It was coming down!
I put Mugs out there.  He did not appreciate it.  He sunk up to his belly.
Babe, had to borrow your boots to go walking around in the snow.  :)
Watching the snow come down.


And here are some pictures I took this morning:
View out the front door this morning
House from the street
Told you it was deep.
Half of the backyard
Back of the house.  I told you Mugs didn't like it.  He would not step foot off the patio...
My little crape myrtle trees in the back yard.
A close up view of one of the crapes
A close up shot of my cherry tree.  Complete with flower buds and snow.
Aaannnd...my foot prints in the snow.  They were deep!

As pretty and cool as the snow was (was because most of it melted today and I suspect the rest will be gone by tomorrow) I am still so ready for spring!  Maybe I will get my wish next week when the predicted highs are in the 60s!  Keeping my fingers crossed...

No comments: