Sunday, February 7, 2010

Super Bowl!

Today is both a very exciting day, as well as a sad one.  Exciting because, well, it's the Super Bowl.  Sad because after tonight, there will be no football until college starts at the end of August (if you can't tell, football is easily my favorite sport).  Sigh.

Anyway, I am going to make a prediction, well because this is my blog and I feel like it.  So, here it is.  I think the Colts will win, not by much, but they will win.  I think that is who I am rooting for, but I'm not sure.  On one hand, I think Peyton Manning will go down as one of the best, if not the best quarterback of all time and having a second championship ring would definitely help that case.  On the other, the Saints are kind of the cinderella team, what with going 20-something years before they had a winning season and all.  Plus, their fans are so dedicated - and maybe a little crazy, but in a good way.  (Side note:  I am not rooting for them because of the hurricane.  I feel badly that it happened, and it was aweful, but lets face it, how is winning a super bowl going to clean up what is still in shambles?  Maybe moral wise it would help, but it does nothing to help the actual recovery effort that is still going on).  Anyway, all that being said, I think most people are rooting for the Saints, whatever the reason.  I just don't know if they can do it.  Maybe.  I wouldn't be dissappointed if they won, and I am not rooting against them really, I am just rooting for Manning.  But I think it will be a close game either way.  Both offenses are great and the defenses are pretty good.  We'll see, but I have to give the edge to the Colts.

UPDATE:  Props to the Saints.  They played a great game, had some great coaching and deserved to win that game.  It was a fun game to watch (besides the half time show, that was bad).  The commercials were pretty good too; overall I think the Brett Farve commercial was the best.  It's good he doesn't take himself too seriously.  And now the countdown begins for next season...

No comments: